Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Pupu Springs, Takaka

On my road trip I made it over the massively windy Takaka Hill to see the Pupu Springs - some of the clearest water in the world - my friend had highly recommended it to me. Apparently you used to be able to go swimming in it, but due to fear of didymo or some other such water weed nobody is allowed to touch the water anymore - although two men that were there as the same time as me told me the water was very cold - I may have given them a sideways glance & asked if they had touched it - they wouldn't answer me, which is fair enough. It was the most AMAZING colour blue I have ever seen anywhere! Wow.
When I came out to leave I was really gutted to see that sometime during my drive from Hamner Springs that morning (I left at 5am) I had managed to hit a bird which was dead in the front grill, I had to find a stick to knock it out, I felt so bad (especially as I had no recollection of hitting anything that morning, though I was driving for about 2hrs through fog).

No comments:

Post a Comment