Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gisborne Scenery

On my sightseeing trip to Gisborne earlier this year, I got to see quite a few things I hadn't noticed on previous trips, because those were mostly about nostalgia and memories for my Mum and aunty who grew up there. This trip I got to go do all the touristy things that I had wanted to do for ages. Firstly Rere Falls, a 5m high long waterfall out not far from Eastwoodhill Arboretum. Secondly the not-Captain-Cook statue on Kaiti Hill (noone is quite sure who it is, everyone just agrees that it doesn't actually look like Captain Cook). Thirdly Spongey Bay, early morning with the sunrise coming up behind. Fourthly the Botanic Gardens, which were small, but quite lovely, and next to a river which I also really liked. And also a lovely little waterfall about a 20min walk from a childrens playground at Waihirere Domain off Back Ormond Road. And finally, a photo of the statue of Young Nick, a boy onboard Capt Cooks ship, who was apparently the first to see land when arriving in NZ, and what I think is a replica of Capt Cooks ship, the Endeavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment