Sunday, October 2, 2011

Monday 5 September






We got to Motueka and checked in, then went to the I Site where they recommended a couple of walks. So we went to go get some gas for our cooker & Liz asked the guy about skydiving. He said it was awesome and everybody should do it at least once in their life so she called the skydive people and they said they’d pick her up in half an hour and I told her to check if she could bring a friend. So I was glad I ‘d just got some food that I could eat while I was waiting.

We went out to the Aerodrome –we watched a safety-get-pumped up video of others who had done the jump. Liz decided to do the high one 16500 ft, $400. Liz had to wait for this other girl Deneira to go. In the meantime I chatted to this French guy Cedric (in French) and Liz talked to her jumpmaster and got some photos of her beforehand. I was eating and laxing out on the couch when I looked up and saw a blue chute with four legs dangling from it, I wasn’t sure if it was Liz but I jumped up and started taking photos last minute, as she landed, it was her. She had called out but I never heard her. I took some after shots as well. She was quite pumped but she said she liked hang gliding better but couldn’t quite pinpoint why.

No comments:

Post a Comment